Sunday, July 22, 2007

An Introduction.

Hi - this blog will focus on my experiments in the world of scenery & terrain creation for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 and Flight Simulator X. I also hope to post on my experiments in the world of GIS.

The intention is to suppliment & compliment my existing flight sim & 3D creation blogs, The Biff Diaries and The Wing Fell Off.

I find the world of GIS & its myrad of data formats & information systems somwhat bewildering & confusing for the beginner. I have dabbled with terrain creation on the past using software such as VistaPro on both the Windows & Amiga platforms. However most of that is at least a decade in the past. Things have become much more sophisticated in the interim. Likewise with scenery/terrain creation for MS simulators - especially CFS3. Terrain creation for CFS3 is very much a 'Black Art' and to date, only one person that I know of, has created new maps & theatres for CFS3.

Anyway my voyage of discovery in these black arts of terrain creation, GIS & scenery design has begun. Hopefully it will bear fruit. ;)

Rob

No comments: