Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CFS3 Marianas

I can now reveal the primary area that I am working on (there are two more) - The Mariana Islands. To date I have the terrain mesh, ocean polygons, & shorelines working. There are minor issues such as airfield facilities distorting terrain mesh near coastlines - just a matter of playing around with airfield altitude in the global layer. As I mentioned in the previous post I have found that hand editing or hand creating coastlines works best.

Next I move on to landclass & scenery objects, that will take me a couple of weeks. Presently the terrain only has one woodland landclass just to get the terrain & ocean into CFS3.

Here are a couple of pics - one of a rather bare Apra harbour and the other two of Pagan Island, which Japan held until late in the war and used to raid Saipan.



Rob

No comments: